Thursday, September 19, 2013

Maddie's Baptism (Part One)

Maddie turned 8 and was baptized a couple of weeks ago on September 7th.  I can't believe my little girl is 8 years old.  Where has the time gone?  She looked to beautiful in her dress.  I loved her comment after coming out of the water, "The water was so cold"  Leave it to Maddie to let you know how it really was.  Her cousin Grace and her dear friend and soul sister Linda gave the talks.  William led the music and Josie & cousin Kat gave the prayers.  Of course, daddy baptized her and confirmed her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  What a special day it was to have so many people come and celebrate Maddie's big day.  She is truly loved.  The room was over flowing with her adoring fans.  I am so proud of your decision to be baptized Maddie!  I love you.
My beautiful 8 year old

Just doing a little coloring before getting ready for the big event

Aunt Tina had to help make her slip a little bit shorter so it wouldn't show

Maddie and Gram.  Nice smile Maddie Jene

I just love this gorgeous girl

Maddie with her favorite Josie!  Josie was so nice to fly in and be our photographer for the day.

The backyard before the masses arrived

Maddie and her cake.  Nice candles I know.  It was the one thing I forgot to get.

I love this pic!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am DYING over those candles!!! Nice to see you back on the blog!

DeEtta said...

I can't believe she is 8, seems like yesterday. She is adorable.

Colleen Petersen said...

The weather was perfect, The food was delicious.
The crowd of people were so fun to visit with. It was a great day. So glad we could be there.