Friday, October 17, 2008

Clarification

So, I didn't realize that my last post would stir up so many comments, especially from people that I don't even know. I know that President Packard wasn't speaking as an official church representative. I know that he was speaking to his ward. I just thought that the message was relevant to all of us to help us prepare for these troubling days ahead. I hope I didn't offend anyone by posting the notes from his talk. I think all of his points about prayer, scripture study, being thrifty, paying our tithing and being prepared are all things that we can use as reminders of what we need to be doing.

4 comments:

kellie said...

Those people, seriously, need to get a life.

Laura said...

Lisa,

It was great to hear from you! I think it has been "St.Louis" week on the blogging front. I was just telling my mom the other day, how Kellie and I were discussing after a fireside last week, how great everyone from St. Louis was growing up. I just think we were really blessed, looking back, at how connected we really all were. We had our own lives, but they touched each other more than we realized. I have wonderful memories of each and every family! Your children are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Not that I am surprised! You are still as pretty as ever! Your little one looks like a cute version of your dad! Well, I'm off to take care of a little one or two. It was wonderful to hear from you. I would love to hear how everyone is doing! Love, Laura

Angie said...

I really thought his words were very informative, regardless if we are members or not. We all should take note as to what he has to say. These are troubled times whether we like it or not, getting prepared for these times is what we all have been instructed to do. All these things are what we hear as members of the church. We need to hear them often.

Thanks for sharing the message with us.

Tesh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.