So, I tried the cauliflower mashed potatoes tonight for dinner along with flank steak, carrots and watermelon. A delicious meal if I do say so myself. The kids loved the potatoes. I didn't tell them what was in them, and they all pounded them. Maddie had a taste of the cauliflower puree while I was making them, and she had to lick the spoon and she wanted the to lick the bowl too. Jackson loved the puree by itself too. Maybe I'll just make that next time.
We had Cindy and Al Turner over. I told Cindy what I was making and she said don't tell Al, and we'll see if he notices. (Did I mention that Al never, ever eats vegetables!?!) I thought he totally would because I could taste the cauliflower. He didn't say anything about them and he finished his plate, so they couldn't have been too bad. Granted, he did add butter to them, but that's okay because he always does that and I hadn't added any. So, all in all, I would say the cauliflower mashed potatoes were a success. I do think you can taste the cauliflower some, but I really liked the flavor. Merrill & Cindy said they couldn't taste them though.





6 comments:
Yumm-o! I love cauliflower puree. I bet it was delish... just like everything else you make. (I just realized that I must have channeled Rachey Ray in that comment- 'yumm-o' and 'delish'?!?!)
I'm glad you made that for them. That was one of the meals I wanted my dad to try. Yayy!
I am going to try to make this tomorrow. I just might need to borrow your food processor.
I love to sneak vegetables in my meals. Cauliflower and spinach are my favorites to use.
i'm a big fan of cauliflower, turnip, parsnip mashed potatoes. just have to time it right as they all have radically different cooking times.
Dahlink...I hope you are doing well. Did you just cook the Cauli and then mash the crap out of it? Was it just the florets? I would love to know more. I'm sure from a ww perspective it was very low points.
Missy
Post a Comment